Wednesday, August 02, 2006

CLEAN - UNDER PROGRESS



My painting for IF this week is unfortunately not finished yet, and I don't see that I will be able to finish it before Friday, but here it is, oil on canvas, 81x100 cm, first layer painted. I will update when I can ;)
I was looking through my sketches last Thursday and found the sketch for this one and woke up on Friday with an urge to paint it.... So cool to see the topic for this week later that day, "clean",.... I started to paint as soon as I could that evening.....

Have a nice week everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

I'm so glad you gave us a larger version to look at! I am always so awed by the beaty of your limited palette paintings...you have such wonderful control of value, and your figures have so much depth. This looks beautiful already...i can't wait to see it finished. Beautiful work!

2:02 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

you are such a talent! this exudes a humble yet iconic glow!!!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

It's good enough with only the first layer of paint. I am looking forward to the result!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I like this blue aura you have going on. :-)

3:29 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

I get the feeling she's more spirit than flesh and blood. The muted yellows and blues lend a feeling of a holy woman, and there's an energy in this painting, a kind of movement. Excellent idea and beautiful work!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Ohh... this is beautiful. I love the colours and the mood of this

5:54 PM  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

What a great feeling to this!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Zórdís said...

Reminds me of a story og a spirit, reminds me of many bright things. Good work Gudbrandsdottir .... regards from freaky france!

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home